MySpace is turning out to be interesting...in addition to finding my best friend from age 11ish to 13ish, I have found and connected with a few friends and acquaintances from high school, one of whom is just starting her journey to a healthier lifestyle. I encourage you to go see TigerLilly and offer support and encouragement while she learns how to make healthier changes to her lifestyle.
The only preparation I am doing for Sunday's race is to make sure I'm hydrating. This race caught me off-guard; I'm definitely not trained, and I am afraid I'll come in even slower than last year, when it was just my second race ever. I'm trying to remind myself that it's not about the time I do it in. It's about getting out there and doing it!
I'm looking foward to more running in October, and definitely looking forward to training for OP50 this winter. Running will bring my energy back, bring my focus back, bring clarity into my life. Running releases tensions, gets my blood pumping, reminds me that I am alive. I am moving. I exist and love and smile and cry and keep moving through the low points and fly through the high points. Running pulls me out of my "why does it have to hurt so much to be true to myself?!" melancholy and directs me to the joy in life. Mmm, much better. Now I'm ready for tomorrow's race!
I've been invited to a pre-race carbo-loading dinner at Mike and Kiera's tonight...should be fun!
Update: 24 whopping days ago, Jess tagged me. I'm finally getting around to it!
1. ONE BOOK THAT CHANGED MY LIFE: Waking the Tiger by Dr. Peter A Levine
2. ONE BOOK THAT I HAVE READ MORE THAN ONCE: Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follat
3. ONE BOOK I WOULD WANT ON A DESERTED ISLAND: Welcome to Temptation by Jenny Crusie
4. ONE BOOK THAT MADE ME LAUGH: Getting Rid of Bradley by Jenny Crusie
5. ONE BOOK THAT MADE ME CRY: Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
6. ONE BOOK THAT I WISH I HAD WRITTEN: the one that's still inside me, waiting to come out...
7. ONE BOOK I WISH HAD NEVER BEEN WRITTEN: too many to name
8. ONE BOOK I AM CURRENTLY READING: None...just reading magazines currently. Books take too much time and energy right now.
9. ONE BOOK I HAVE BEEN MEANING TO READ: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
10. WHO'S NEXT? TigerLilly & Brad