I'll never be the runner I want to be, if I don't go out and run!
I had sort of a "duh" moment this evening when this thought occured to me as I arrived at home after work, struggling with not wanting to run. What a concept!
So I went out and ran 3.4 miles. It was 92 degrees, I was hot and thirsty and not prepared and spent the majority of the run breathing hard through a lower abdomen side stitch sort of pain. But I ran. And I enjoyed it!
I got five miles last night. My calves were still hurting from last week's Grand Canyon run. Last night's run was gorgeous: completely overcast, slight sprinkles, cool breezes. I didn't realize I had left my iPod shuffle on, draining the batteries, until I put it on. So I went old-school, sans music. I enjoyed the feeling of my body moving through space, floating over the grass and dirt and asphalt of my neighborhood. And the Pei Wei dinner afterward was fanTAStic!
I finally got to talk to Ash today. He'll be home early - he should be home tomorrow night! I've missed my baby boy.
PS I was tagged by e-rod to list six weird things about me.
1. I don't wear make-up (and I spent years not shaving my legs - at least the hair was blond so you couldn't really see it - and then a couple years not even shaving my armpits. I also went sans bra, and tried to fashion my hair into dreds. The dreds didn't really work. Yes, I was a neo-hippy. But without the requisite trust fund. Like the dreds, didn't work real well.) (Does that count as more than one weird thing?)
2. Comfort dominates my life choices. I won't wear clothes, shoes or jewelry that is uncomfortable. I don't care how cute it is, if it hurts or even irritates me, I won't wear it!
3. I bite my nails and refuse to stop.
4. I am a staunch feminist, yet I love romance novels (although I refuse to read "bodice-rippers," and the heroines must be as strong as the heroes; even better if I can find one that reverses the gender roles), and Glamour magazine.
5. I don't eat fruit (except for apples).
6. I sing. Constantly. Even though I don't sing well. At the office. In my car. At home. At other people's homes. While I run. But not in the shower. Ever tried to sing in the shower? You get water all in your mouth. Doesn't work real well.