Now that my fantastically fulfilling Christmas has come and gone (thanks to my mother for watching Ash so I could sleep sleep sleep and sleep some more!), it's time to focus on the new year.
I'm not one for resolutions; however, this presents a great time for reflection and goal-setting.
2009 Big Goals:
- lose 15 pounds
- eat healthier (more fruits/veggies, less fats)
- tone abs, arms
- get better at soccer (specifically, dribbling the ball)
- get faster at running
Ways to obtain Big Goals:
- keep a food log
- purchase healthier foods
- develop (and utilize!) list of "substitution foods" (healthier foods I can reach for when I'm feeling a certain way or wanting a certain food)
- develop strength training plan, attend gym 2-3x/wk to implement
- continue playing soccer once/week, add one more practice per week (by myself? with friends? not sure...)
- average 15-20 mpw running (use Jan-Mar as basebuilding, develop plan for speedwork to be implemented starting in Apr)
- schedule all running, soccer, gym work on calendar and keep log
What are your goals for next year? Do you have any tips, tricks or suggestions for me to help me reach my goals?