Real brief update

| 2 Comments | No TrackBacks

Wow, it's been awhile since I've posted. I've been pretty unmotivated in the blogging area lately; don't really know why. Not much to share right now, but I did finally update my training log summary, so you can see what I've been up to, running-wise. There were a couple of really nasty (for MN) hot days, and I had 2 days at the end of last week where my legs didn't really want to go. I took an extra rest day this week, and I think it helped some.

My run yesterday was a giant comedy of dumbness. I'd intended to do my long run yesterday, but took awhile to get out of the house. Then I drove out to the lake and saw there was some gigantic walkathon going on (hundreds of people on the narrow paths), but I figured I'd just run away from the lake to avoid it. Then I turned on my watch and discovered that not only had I not charged it, but it had no battery life left. Since I was near the (marked) bike paths, I wasn't too concerned about not being able to measure the distance, but the lack of time measurement bothered me. So I drove back home to get my normal running watch. I then headed over to the bike paths about 2 miles away from the lake. I started running, and just really didn't feel it. It was also 11:30 by this point (I think it was probably 10:30 when I left originally), and I didn't really want to run for close to 2 hours in the hot midday sun. So I decided to bag it early to do my long run today.

Today went much better. I ended up running from the same spot as yesterday, but headed in a different direction. I ended up running over a lot of the first half of the marathon course; I haven't been out there since then. It was warm, but not too bad. There were a lot of people out, which always makes me feel better when I run in the woods. I picked it up towards the end, but then the last mile just sucked. My legs just all of a sudden felt real heavy and kind of crampy. They had been okay up until that point (I did have some odd stomach cramping in the middle, though). I was pretty thirsty once I got back to my car. I downed almost my entire liter of water, along with my RRS. I also stopped at the Big K across the street to get some Powerade before driving home. I think the people at Big K were confused by my super sweaty appearance (I did put a shirt on before going into the store) and red face, and probably by my taking the shirt off and changing my running shoes for flip flops in the parking lot before going home. I really didn't care.

Okay, so that wasn't as brief as I thought. I'll try to be better about updating, even if it's just a report about what I ran. I'm 90% positive I'm running a cross country 5K on Thursday, but I'm trying to decide if it would be a bad idea to also run a 10K on Saturday. I'm leaning towards it being a bad idea, if I'm going to attempt to race the 5K and would also want to race the 10K. That seems like a lot to ask my legs to do.

No TrackBacks

TrackBack URL:


Mon 9/13/2004 9:11 PM

I was just kidding with you Marisa but it IS very nice to hear from you again!

Thu 9/16/2004 7:45 AM

I always feel funny heading into the convenience stores covered with sweat and stinking to high heaven, buying two giant bags of ice.